Helping is my passion, and it is my honor to create a safe place with you to work through difficult times. My style is warm, inviting, and supportive. I can help empower you to challenge your inner critic, develop healthy coping skills, and I can help you feel more connected to the important people in your life.
I’m a pretty big geek who likes to get excited about things. If you want to get me going, ask me about Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Hamilton. I’ll also likely understand any D&D, board game, or video game reference you throw at me.
I am committed to providing safe, non-discriminatory therapy to people regardless of race, identified gender, religion, relationship status, sexual/romantic orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic as protected by law. Creating a safe place is my absolute top priority and I value inclusiveness in my practice.
I appreciate the courage it takes for you to make this step! I provide individual and couples counseling to people living in Cary, Raleigh, RTP, Morrisville, Apex, and other surrounding areas.
TREATMENT SPECIALIZATIONS AND AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE
- Couples/Relationship Counseling
- Pre-marital Counseling
- Recovering from Infidelity
- Ethical Non-Monogamy
- Couples in Addiction Recovery
- Transitions to new parenthood
- Pre and Postpartum depression and Anxiety
- Depression and Anxiety
- Stress and Anger Management
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Self-Esteem, Self-worth
- Grief Counseling
- Work and Career issues
- Life Transition/Adjustment Difficulties
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND AFFILIATIONS
- Certified Gottman Therapist
- Bringing Baby Home Gottman Educator
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- M.S in Marriage and Family Therapy from East Carolina University, 2011
- B.S in Psychology from Virginia Commonwealth University, 2006
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, North Carolina License Number 1459
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy Clinical Member
As seen on Tarheel Talk on WRAL